- The Great Gatsby : Ralph Lauren
- The King of Cool : Tom Ford
- The Sex Machine : Calvin Klein
- The Tastemaker : Marc Jacobs
- The Queen of NYC : Donna Karan
- Alexander the Great : Alexander Wang
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: Betsey Johnson
In spite of the 200+ years of clothing production evolution in the US, and several challenges posed by outsourcing for cheaper labour supplies, New York has remained America’s fashion capital. Much like the fashion regions that would later develop around production in Italy, within New York an entire community of design, production, distribution, commerce and marketing existed. Skilled workers of Jewish and Italian descent, the giant retailers and department stores, the publishers, the advertising agencies, the design offices, the bohemian trend setting arts scene, the model agencies, and the factories all combined to form an eco-system that has managed to create a lasting American footprint on the world’s fashion walk of fame, giving us fashion titans such as Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, and Tom Ford.