H&M’s designer collaborations have become something of an annual global frenzy for fashion types and bargain-hunters alike. This year, the retail giant has announced it is working with London-based label Erdem, and it’s not a subtle affair.
The full campaign and product reveal, which dropped a couple of weeks ago, provided further (if not unnecessary) proof of the megastore’s talent for translating luxury high-fashion into very accessible and affordable pieces. Unlike H&M’s previous collabs, Erdem X H&M is decidedly more understated (read: very wearable). Erdem mainstays- think Victorian-style blouses, floral prints, tweed blazers and silky separates – have been re-imagined using the label’s signature bold textures and fabric of premium quality but, crucially, without the hefty price tag. A first for Erdem Moralioglu, the collection also includes a menswear line, and from the look of the preview, we ladies would happily wear most of that too. To put it shortly, Erdem X H&M is one of the retailer’s best yet, and it drops in-store and online November 2nd, so add it to your diary. Hell, set a daily reminder on your phone.
Following the heels of massively successful partnerships with Alexander Wang, Balmain, Kenzo and Stella McCartney, the 87-piece collection won’t be hanging around for long, so we’ve rounded up 8 of the best pieces to assist with the necessary frantic beelining. And while the collection is designed for the European and US autumn/winter season, we’ve picked the items that best translate to the Australian spring/summer. Floral dresses, we’re looking at you…
Here’s what has got our senses tingling:
- The silky floral slip dress that can be dressed up or down
2. The (men’s) floral shirt that screams all kinds of versatility – tucked into denim cut-offs, thrown over a white sundress, buttoned-up and paired with wide-leg pants, you get the idea…
3. The answer to all your spring racing season questions
4. The silk scarf that will effortlessly jazz up any outfit
5. The wardrobe staple ruffle blouse for all seasons
6. The vintage-style mock crocodile handbag
7. The pants as comfortable as your pyjamas but won’t embarrass you out and about
8. The perfect work-to-bar top
Erdem X H&M launches in-store and online November 2nd and we’re pumped!